My dad purchased a computer from etbu about 3 months ago. The computer was completely stripped of everything and so Jason was put in charge of installing its operating system. Well, 3 months and a lot of nagging later the computer was finally finished. I have started installing virus software and itunes on computer.
My dad inherited my 4GB ipod about a year ago and so I plan on teahcing him how to use itunes and how to upload music to it. Anyway, I have been loading his itunes with some of the music he likes. Most of it is from artist who were big in the 60's and 70's. I tend to like most of the music my Dad is into so I decided to listen to some of it. So this blog is dedicated to my new music wardrobe. I have only included 10 songs on this playlist, but there will be more in the future!
Artist: Al Stewart
Album: Past, Present, Future
Song: Roads to Moscow
Year Released: 1973
This song is about the german campaign during WWII told through the eyes of a soviet soldier. It is a very intense song.
Artist: Bob Dylan
Album: The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan
Song: Blowin' in the Wind
Year Released: 1963
Good song. Its has a semi-ambiguous message that helps people relate to it.
Artist: Dan Fogelberg
Album: Home Free
Song: More Than Ever
Year Released: 1972
I just like the way it sounds. I don't like much of his music, but his music is way better than Frank Zappa's.
Artist: Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young
Album: 4 Way Street
Song: Medley - The Loner/Cinnamon Girl/Down by the River
Year Released: 1971/1992
Three songs in one. And live. LOVE IT!! This is just Neil Young with an acoustic guitar playing three songs. All three songs are great, but I personally like Cinnamon Girl and Down by the River better than The Loner. According to Wikipedia (Quality Research Site :-) Down by the River depicts a man who catches his woman cheating on him, then meets her down by the river and shoots her. A few hours later the sheriff comes to his house and arrests him. I have no idea what Cinnamon Girl is about, but it sounds great!
Artist: David Bowie
Album: David Bowie
Song: Please Mr. Gravedigger
Year Released: 1967
The lyrics to this song are a little creepy, but intriguing. Yay for the mighty Bowie! But really, this whole album is great!
Artist: Elton John
Album: Tumbleweed Connection
Song: Burn Down the Mission
Year Released: 1970
Wikepedia puts it quite nicely, 'The lyrics themselves, while telling a simple story, are vague enough to be open to interpretation. Ostensibly the story is that of a poor community oppressed by a rich and powerful force, and the narrator, driven by some sort of revelation has decided to take direct action to remedy the situation. However, his attempt fails and he is "taken away", presumably to meet his fate, and justifies his actions as an attempt to defend his family.' GREAT SONG!!
Artist: The Guess Who
Album: Share the Land
Song: Share the Land
Year Released: 1970
The perfect hippie song.
Artist: Neil Young
Album: ALL OF THEM
Song: ALL OF THEM
There are so many songs by Neil Young that I like that I couldn't just choose one.
Artist: Pink Floyd
Album: Wish You Were Here
Song: Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Part I-IV and VI-IX)
Year Released: 1975
This was written for one of their band members named Syd Barret who quite Pink Floyed and withdrew from the public eye. He suffered from mental instability, pancreatic cancer, and diabetes.
Artist: Buffalo Springfield
Album: Buffalo Springfield Again
Song: Broken Arrow
Year Released: 1967
Apparently some indians would use a broken arrow to signal that they would cease fighting. But this song is quite catchy and weird which makes listening to it easy. Neil Young also sings a song called Buffalo Springfield Again on his album entitled Silver & Gold. Also a good song!
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Music Wardrobe
Posted by maddowdle at 3:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment